|Edushape Soft Textured Blocks|
|Zoob Movable Construction Set|
Kid's Block Party Playdate Ingredients:
4-6 children 3 to 4 years old
At least three different types of building blocks (try having each child bring a set of blocks to share)
Consider adding people figures, animals and other accessories for even more imaginative play
Lots of room for kids to spread out and build whatever they imagine
Healthy snacks for kids and adults
Plenty of time
Preschool Acitvity Playdate Tips:
- Ask each mother to explain to their child ahead of "The Block Party" that they will be bringing their blocks to share with other children and they will get to play with other kids' blocks as well.
- Be sure to talk about concepts such as sharing and what to do if they get frustrated rather than hitting, biting, knocking others' blocks down, etc. prior to getting together as well as when children first arrive at the party.
- Designate an adult to help kids resolve conflicts that arise constructively. When doing so, tell kids what to do; not just what not to do so they begin learning appropriate social skills.
- Choose a good time for this get together so children are well-rested and ready to play and socialize. They also need plenty of time to play and be creative, so plan enough time that they are not rushed.
- When the kids take time to have a snack, encourage language, social skills and an interest in them by asking them questions about what they are building. Help them practice good table manners.
- Plan for the adults. Have cards, desert, maybe great coffee, whatever it takes to settle in and grab some social adult time while the kids are having fun.
|Melissa & Doug Farm Blocks|
|ABC Nesting & Stacking Blocks|
To purchase building blocks and block sets for toddlers and preschool kids, visit http://www.jumpstarttoys.com/buildingblocks-for-preschoolers-s/1831.htm.